Youth Coalition (YOCO)
What is Youth Coalition (YOCO)?
A Youth Coalition (YOCO) has been started for students grades 7-12 at the Fairmont Area High School. Monthly meetings teach youth how to make healthy choices, encourage their peers, and work for positive community change. This year more students have joined YOCO for a total membership of 64.
YOCO has participated in:
- Sticker Shock campaign at local liquor store
- Leading activities for National Prevention Week
- Creating messages to include in advertisements
- Pilot testing for advertisements, posters, and billboards
- Planning for multiple events
- Leadership training
- Learning about Positive Community Norms, perceptions vs. misperceptions
- Community Service Day
- Holiday Elf Shop
- Creating posters with ideas of better things to do than drink alcohol